The University was founded in 1635.
Law has been taught since 1667.
2006: the Faculty was named a Place of
Excellence in recognition of its outstanding results in higher education
(Hungarian Higher Education Accreditation Committee).
2010: the Faculty received the title of
There are justices of the Constitutional
Court and renowned public dignitaries among the instructors of the Faculty.
Diplomas issued by the Faculty are valued
at home and abroad.
The Faculty has done well in rankings in
excellence of instructors and students and awards at the National Conferences
of Students’ Scholarly Circles.