International conferences are regularly held at the Faculty and often the lecturers include eminent foreign professors.
Relying on their domestic and international professional contacts, many of our departments organize seminars. Such seminars are forums for the exchange of ideas for instructors, students and public personalities.
Some of the most important conferences held at the Faculty in recent years were as follows:
- Coimbra Group Meeting – annual conference of European law faculties' network
- Jean Monnet Conference – Central European countries after and before accession
- Budapest Deans' Conference – meeting of Central and Eastern European law faculties
- “Economic Crisis and Global Governance” – Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan, Pázmány Péter Catholic University,
- “Die Europäisierung des Rechts” – Georg-August-Universität, Göttingen
- “Main Institutions of Legal Procedure in the Chinese and the Hungarian Legal System” – Northwest University of Politics and Law, Xi'an
- Anniversary conference held on the occasion of the signing of the Treaty of Rome – Hungarian member association of the International Association for European Law (FIDE), Department of International Private Law and European Economic Law of the ELTE Faculty of Law and Political Sciences, Jean Monnet Center of Excellence, CompLex Publishers LLC
Students of the Faculty in Activities Abroad
International law moot court competitions
Year by year our students take part in international competitions of law school students and they regularly fare well there.
The Hungarian student teams regularly take part in the following contests:
- As coached by the Department of International Law:
- Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, organized by the International Law Students Association; Washington DC;
- Telders International Law Moot Court Competition, organized by the University of Leiden, The Netherlands.
- As coached by the Department of International Private Law and European Economic Law:
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court), organized by the Pace University School of Law and the Law Faculty of the University of Vienna;
- Willem C. Vis EAST International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court, organized by the City University of Hong Kong School of Law and the CIArb East Asia Branch (Hong Kong);
- European Law Moot Court, organized by the European Moot Court Society.
Budapest-Berlin student exchange seminar
The Budapest-Berlin student exchange seminar is held each year for over a decade. It is organized in rotation by the Department of Constitutional Law and the Department of Civil Law on the one hand and the Humboldt University, Berlin, on the other. The seminar enables more than two hundred Hungarian and German students to come to know the legal system of the other country and learn about some other legal approaches and educational systems. The students spend one week in Berlin and Budapest where they discuss their seminar theses, which are written beforehand.
Other international conferences, seminars and competitions
In addition to the aforesaid events, students of the Faculty regularly take part in international conferences, seminars and competitions. An example is the Helsinki-España, which is the seminar of an international human rights organization. It was held in Valencia, Spain, on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.